Blogadda Who are you reading today ?

March 23, 2013

Tears of the drought


Do you not remember us?
Oh exalted Rain Gods
We light our lamps of fervent prayer,
Forgive any speck of rebellion
And drench this scorched earth,
Comforting winds, showers of life
Let hope sprout forth again.

Written for the Trifextra- Week Sixty at Trifceta  

The challenge is to use three words and make a 36 word response

The three words are:
remember
rain
rebellion


My response is for the parts of my state(Maharashtra, India) hit by the drought and facing severe water shortage.


18 comments:

  1. I like the imagery used here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the prayers are heard and answered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better times will be coming. The weather can be so unpredictable! Nicely!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written hope for rain. See Viv's entry for different pov. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A prayer on the lips of every farmer in scorching Summer months when rain gods play hide & seek!Loved the imagery-well done:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I love, love,love your header pic. Story please!

    Also love the post good work with the prompts )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifully written with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice interpretation from you too! depths in lines

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Barbara, @Bo, @Vanessa , @Draug, @Kaykuala, @lumdog, @bodhisattva###, @Atreyee, @Kymm, @Rambly, @Fiction Vixen,@Soumya : Thank you so much for visiting and caring to leave a word.


    @Sam : Thanks a bunch for loving my header. I drew it on paper with my son's colors and clicked on my phone. I guess I was imagining myself to float on clouds and visit all kinds of wondrous places ( which is in my bucket list) and just watch how life stories shape up. Mostly derived from daddy always yelling "Come down from the clouds".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sent this to a friend, who is always praying to various gods, she will like it... I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s. I like your drawing above!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank u ted. I hope your friend likes it too and thank u for liking my drawing. I was wondering if I should try a bit harder and make some thing better. Now I am encouraged to just keep it.

    ReplyDelete

So, What did you think of it ?