Blogadda Who are you reading today ?

July 07, 2013

The light of Passion



PADE Day 7                                                                                                                                                                                   
Theme – Light

The light of Passion

A long time ago, I saw a peculiarly shaped cloud in the evening sky. Almost like a fearsome monster. As I looked on, it slowly spat out the sun and then it resembled an oyster cradling a precious pearl.
I had clicked the different stages of the cloud as it moved over to reveal the sun in its glory. The images make me reflect on the light of passion within us that can transform us. I believe we need to be passionate about something. Even watching tv can be sort of a passion. Maybe not one to be pursued too long.
Passion is what lights up our dull existence.

I thought I would also share this with the toads as I couldn't get another poem out of me for Monday.



A light dwells within us
A little sun, a little ball of passion
Brightens up the world it shines upon
Suppressed, it shapens into an ogre
Let it out and watch
An oyster cuddling a pearl                                                             














This post is my entry for the PADE conducted by Just a mom” or “ Things to rave about

Also shared with Imaginary Garden with Real Toads in them.







7 comments:

  1. Hey..wow love both the photographs!First one is elusive and second one more explicit but both are real gems!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comparison to the oyster-pearl was really lovely..spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...so finally...welcome to the clouds.

      Delete
  3. Love how the ogre pops out to reveal the oyster, which in turn reveals the pearl. Reminds me of motherhood - the last days of my pregnancy, my ex-husband was an ogre and all through labor as well. "I need a nap," he whined. Really?

    Then out came the oyster, and inside her was a pearl of a girl. All this came from meditating on your poem. I am so pleased you posted to Real Toads this Monday, because I got to experience this. Peace, Amy Barlow Liberatore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so honored that my little poem spoke to you. I wanted to write more but felt that the pictures said more. Thank u so much Amy for sharing your story of the ogre-oyster-pearl. The lack of passion for the little pearl turned ur ex-husband into the ogre.

      Delete
  4. Love the photos! Ah, that suppressed light in us does grow into a monster. So happy this piece turned into a pearl.

    ReplyDelete

So, What did you think of it ?